Issuing Certificates (for current students)
Please use the automatic issue machine for certificates.
- Proof of student discount *One year (April to the following March), 20 sheets or less
- Proof of student status
- Academic transcript
- Certificate of expected graduation (Year of graduation only)*
- Certificate of expected course completion (Year of course completion only)*
- Health check certificate*
*Please be aware that there are periods when these cannot be issued.
Automatic issue machine availability
Weekdays: 08:30 to 17:30
(This machine is unavailable on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, during the summer shutdown (August 11 to16)), the New Year's shutdown (December 28 to January 3), and on Iwate University's own holidays and days of entrance exams.
Available to be used by:
All students currently enrolled in the university, regardless of faculty (including graduate students)
Location of automatic issue machines
- Student Center 1F entrance hall
- Faculty of Science and Engineering Building 1
- Kamaishi Campus
Special certificates that cannot be issued by the automatic machine
English-language proof of student status and academic transcript
Please apply at Desk 1 on the first floor of the Student Center Building A (Student Administration Group, Student Services and Planning Division). Please be aware that while it normally takes around two weeks to issue this certification, it may take longer depending on the time of year.
Please inquire at Desk 1 on the first floor of the Student Center Building A (Student Administration Group, Student Services and Planning Division).
- *As special certificates take time to issue, please allow adequate time when applying.
Requesting certificates to be issued by mail
(Only for current students. Alumni should refer to Issuing Certificates (for graduates))
Please gather the necessary documents listed in (1) to (3) below, and send them to the university address specified.
- (1) Request to issue certificate
- *Please inquire separately if you are unable to print the Request to Issue Certificate
- (2) Copy of official documentation that proves your identity
Student card, driver's license, health insurance card, passport, etc.
- (3) Return envelope
Please write the return name clearly, and attach the necessary postage stamp (reference price list below).
|No. of certificates||Mail fee () = special delivery||Envelope size (mm)|
|1 (up to 25 g)||82 yen (362 yen)||Nagagata #3 (120 x 235)|
|Up to 3 (up to 50 g)||92 yen (372 yen)||Nagagata #3 (120 x 235)|
|Up to 6 (up to 100 g)||140 yen (420 yen)||Nagagata #3 (120 x 235)|
|Up to 10 (up to 200 g)||250 yen (530 yen)||At least kakugata #2 (240 x 332)|
To the Student Administration Group, Student Services Division, Student Services Department, Iwate University 3-18-34 Ueda, Morioka, Iwate, 020-8550
Please ensure that you write "Request to Issue Certificate Inside" on the front of the envelope.